Spring time is the right time to make tweaks to your existing decor. This is especially true if you are preparing a home for the busiest house hunting season. Just a few small adjustments can make a big difference. No need to go on a spending spree either. Here are a few simple tips that are sure to transform your show space with a fresh new look that will attract homebuyers.
- Removable Peel-Off Wallpaper– This is an easy change to make that might attract homebuyers and without the commitment because it is removable. It almost sounds too good to be true! Real estate agents and home stagers may even want to save the backing once the paper is applied to the wall, so that wallpaper can be reused in another space or another home in the future. There is no damage to the wall, so long as you use quality removable wallpaper and follow directions carefully. The updated look will attract homebuyers and they will appreciate that it is temporary as they consider their own preferences.
- Rustic birds nests– This is a rustic and natural look for a rejuvenating spring theme.You do not even have to disrupt your existing decor. Simply place small nests under a decorative glass container, fill or weave with flowers. There are so many ideas out there for decorating with nests, so you can find what works best for your space. Nests are an easy way to add some softness to your decor and stay current with the spring theme.
- Fresh flowers– Decorating with fresh flowers is an easy and inexpensive way to add color and brighten up the room. Choose which colors in the room you want to enhance. Select individual flowers and arrange yourself for cost effectiveness. The fresh scent will be sure to capture all of the senses and will positively appeal to attract homebuyers. Just be sure that the flowers stay fresh and are replaced before their scent turns sour.
- Accent Pillows– Want to update the overall look of the living space without buying new furniture? It’s easy! If you already have a neutral colored sofa, keep it! There are countless ways to update the look with accent pillows and throw blankets. Select a palate for your pillows and then choose one simple print pattern, one busy, and one solid color. This will help guide you in picking out pillows that will compliment one another instead of competing for attention.
- Springtime Curb Appeal– Updating the outside of the house is just as important as updating the inside. After all, you have to attract homebuyers to come inside! Trim back overgrown shrubs and plant a few new flowers in the front yard to freshen up the curb appeal of the home. This is an easy and subtle way to add a fresh new look to your home.
Invest in the future of your real estate career by taking one of our online courses. Begin your career in real estate with our pre-licensing courses or if you’re ready now, go through one of our exam preparation courses to brush up on concepts before getting your state license!